Frustration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

I have only been interested in this hunt for approximately 1 week and have number of questions/observations.

1. Does anyone feel that there are a massive amount of ‘red herrings’ in this hunt.

2. I saw a statement that the owl is buried more than 100 km from the coast. Another said 100 miles. Which if either are correct?

3. The owl is buried in a public place. Could this be a park ? This is public but I doubt the French authorities would approve of people digging up the lawns.

4. Will a metal detector locate the owl. I saw a statement that it was covered with something which would shroud it from detection. I’m not aware of any material that could do that.

I have a few other observations but any comments on the above would be appreciated.

Stephen Fuss
      Participant

Paul – Regarding your question 4:  I used a metal detector on my first dig and found a lot of iron in the ground, giving lots of false readings.  In response, I adjusted the sensitivity on the detecter to filter out iron.  When Becker dug up the owl to confirm the location, he found that it was made of iron and not bronze as expected.  I now suspect that Max buried an iron owl to hide it in the iron rich ground.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.