Menu +

Search Posts

Is the Spiral With Four Centres a thing, a place or a plotted spiral?

Golden Owl Forum Golden Owl Discussion Forum Is the Spiral With Four Centres a thing, a place or a plotted spiral?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Miguel Fernandes 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jo
    Participant

The ‘spiral’ in the 500 clue is confusing… I think this is a game about plotting lines on a map, so suspect the spiral is a maths plotted spiral, based on a line… probably a golden spiral to fit the golden bit of the book title. But it could just as well be a historic feature or a place. Any thoughts?

Birdmancer
    Participant

i think it’s the lille citadel

because a 5-pointed star is made from a spiral with four centres:

Golden Spiral and a pentagram

The pentagram symbolism, magick & history

the 185 km orthogonal from roncevaux-bourges-carignan is either south to dabo or north to lille. credit monglane:

SPIRALS WITH FOUR CENTERS

Jo
    Participant

That’s a really interesting theory on the pentagram. I hadn’t thought of that possibility before.

Jade
    Participant

I’m a bit late to the competition but when I read it my head screamed the Fibonacci spiral. The author seemed to like science in art.

Jade
    Participant

Found this video. Maybe…

Jo
    Participant

I think you’re right, a plotted spiral seems most likely to me too. There are quite a few clue images that suggest circles or compasses, which may also point to this. Isn’t there a golden spiral? Maybe the golden owl name is nod to using this sort of mathematical spiral.

Lisa Finch
    Participant

I think it’s a spiral that you would draw. I think that the golden spiral or the fib will produce a spiral with 4 corners if you draw it in full.

Miguel Fernandes
    Participant

I think that this clue is pointing to Dabo, 185km of Carignan, wich gives us the spiral with 4 centers, church St. Leon plus it looks like a ship seen from far away. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar