Thoughts and theories

Golden Owl Forum Golden Owl Discussion Forum Thoughts and theories

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Paul.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

I have decided to share my thoughts and theories with regard to the hunt. I am now 70 years old, have visited France once and will probably not be going again, so hell why not. Take my theories as they are or ignore them totally, it’s up to you. They are not in any order with regards to the clues, just as they come to mind.

I will start with the 4 centered spiral. Imagine an electricity pylon with 4 legs (centers), then imagine a square helter skelter. The diagonal struts when followed to the top form a square helix. These are everywhere in the Dabo area, which I believe is the location.

The Rock of Dabo has to be The Black Perched ship. The figure of  Pope Leo IX perched on the chapel has a papal ferula in his left hand, probably depicting a key if you look carefully. The chapel could also contain the becalmed Nave, but I believe this also fits another clue.

I have more clues but cannot wok out how to insert images as it becomes too complicated to explain without them.

I will post more thoughts when I figure out how to do that.

Stephen Fuss
      Participant

Paul –  I would agree with you that the Dabo Rock is the “Becalmed Nave”  (also the Black Perched Ship).  I have completed my solution to the clues, to include the final remnants section.  I visited the dig location in early October 2021, a couple of weeks before Becker and his balliff used Max’s instruction to dig up and confirm the Owl’s location.  It would have been helpful if I had gone after Becker’s dig as the scars of his excavation would have been very helpful.  I will return, but not until May 2023, to re-test my solve.  I think that I have resolved my previous dig’s mistake.  I’d love to hear the rest of your solve.
        <p style=”text-align: right;”>Steve</p>

Paul
        Participant

Having problems posting anything. Site keeps blocking me as spam so losing patience.

Paul
          Participant

Unable to post images.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.