B – Madits and links
‘Madits’ are the things Max said (‘Max dits’) about the treasure hunt. He answered searcher’s questions on a Minitel service
(an early form of internet.) Here are some of the things he said about the ‘B’ clue.
In Le Figaro Magazine (published on Friday June 27, 1997, pages 118-119) Max summarised the B clue, saying:
- This riddle allows you to classify all the riddles in the order in which they must be deciphered.
- The first three riddles are, in order: the 530, the 780 and the 470. For the following ones it is advisable to “make speak” the riddle “B”.
- The B clue has no other use, and once this order is discovered, you can definitely ignore it.
- The B clue specifies the usefulness of the coloured owl heads which are at the top of each of the other puzzles. Printing techniques did not allow the colours to be reproduced perfectly, the heads of the owls, on their own, were not sufficient so the colour wavelength numbers were used too.
- The entity visible on the right on the visual is male.
Some selected madits on the B clue:
|QUESTION n ° 10 FROM 1998-06-19
|IS THE ORDER OF THE RIDDLES THAT THE ENIGMA “B” GIVES US ESTABLISHED AS SUCH FOR THE ENTIRE GAME? MAY THERE BE A NEW ELEMENT THAT PUSHES US TO CHANGE PATH? LVD
|THE “B” GIVES YOU ORDERS. PROVIDED THAT YOU DO NOT ASK ME IF THERE ARE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF READING THE RIDDLES, I CONFIRM THAT THIS ORDER IS IMMUTABLE. FRIENDSHIPS – MAX
|QUESTION n ° 46 FROM 1995-08-21
|YOU ARE SAYING THAT THERE IS A KEY THAT ALLOWS YOU TO GO FROM ONE ENIGMA TO ANOTHER. IS THIS THE CASE FOR THE PASSAGE OF B TO 530? THANKS
|I HAVE ANSWERED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES HERE. THE “B” IS A KEY IN ITSELF, SINCE IT SHOWS YOU IN WHICH ORDER TO TAKE THE RIDDLES! FRIENDSHIPS – MAX
You will find more Madits on Airyn’s excellent Wikichouette site.
The B enigma on Monglane’s site
The B enigma on Kaspius’s site